If you’re looking for a flexible climate-control solution that’s easy to install and economical to operate, you should consider having a professional install a ductless mini-split system in your home. Unlike central air and heating systems, you won’t need to route a bunch of ducts around your home to deliver needed cooling or heating to each room.
The system itself features a compressor/condenser located outside the home and one or more evaporator and blower units installed inside. These two components are connected together by a conduit containing the refrigerant lines, power supply cables and drainage lines.
When looking for an ideal climate control solution, consider the advantages that a ductless mini-split system has to offer:
- Ease of installation. The compressor unit can be installed in a discreet and out-of-the-way location up to 50 feet away from the indoor air handler. Instead of worrying about how to run a bunch of ducts from one room to another, you’ll only have to create a three-inch hole through the wall for the conduit.
- Flexible installation options. You can connect up to four mini-split units to one outdoor compressor/condenser, to provide climate-control options for multiple rooms. Each unit has its own thermostat, allowing users to tailor each room to a specific temperature.
- Less noise. Unlike window-mounted air conditioning units, ductless mini-split systems have their compressors located outside, making them quieter than their window-mounted counterparts.
- Greater security. A window-mounted unit can easily be moved out of the way for intruders. You can eliminate concerns about security by using a wall-mounted unit, instead. Also, you won’t have to deal with sealing issues that can allow air to escape or insects and other pests to enter your home.
- Greater efficiency. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, 30 percent of energy consumption for climate control can be traced to energy losses through ductwork.
If you already have a network of ducts in your home, a mini–split system probably won’t make a lot of sense. But they are ideal for additions to homes, or homes that have relied on ductless heating and cooling in the past.
If you’re interested in enjoying the benefits of a ductless mini-split system, contact the HVAC professionals at Glasco Heating & Air Conditioning. Conveniently located in South Windsor, we’ve proudly served heating and air conditioning needs of the greater Hartford area since 1994.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about ductless mini-splits and other HVAC topics, visit our website.
Glasco Heating & Air Conditioning services South Windsor, Connecticut and the surrounding areas.