Conventional wisdom holds that it's probably not a good idea for consumers to pay for…
Searching for a reliable HVAC contractor can be confusing, time consuming and stressful, especially when it’s an emergency. Whether or not your heating and cooling system needs repairs, have a question about preventive maintenance, or are looking for a new home-comfort system, there are specific criteria to look for and questions to ask. The first thing to look for is NATE.
NATE (North American Technician Excellence)
The NATE symbol is the only guarantee – coast to coast – that the contractor and technicians are qualified, knowledgable, and dedicated to their field and your peace of mind. NATE-certified technicians have undergone vigorous training, education and testing, and continue to do so throughout their careers in order to keep that certification.
NATE is the most respected and top non-profit organization for testing and certification in the HVAC and refrigeration industry. NATE technicians are held to the highest standards, which shows in quality workmanship and professionalism. Equipment installed and/or serviced by NATE-certified technicians has 13 percent fewer callbacks and returns. By hiring a NATE-certified technician, you will be assured that your equipment will operate at peak efficiency for maximum savings and home comfort.
Ask questions, get answers
After you have verified that the contractor is NATE-certified, find out the following info, as well:
- Ask how long the company has been in business in Connecticut,
- Ask if their license and insurance is valid and up to date, and confirm it,
- Ask for a list of references to confirm the contractor’s service and reputation,
- Get equipment warranty in writing, and find out if any additional requirements are needed to maintain the warranty,
- Ask if they offer financing, and at what rate,
- Check their website for consumer education, tips and seasonal checklists,
- Get all estimates in writing, including parts, labor, callback information and annual maintenance agreements.
As long as you are thorough, patient and require NATE certification from your contractor, you can relax knowing that the job will be done right the first time. Contact Glasco Heating & Air Conditioning for all your home comfort needs. We have NATE-certified technicians to serve your Connecticut home.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about NATE-certified technicians and other HVAC topics, visit our website.
Glasco Heating & Air Conditioning services South Windsor, Connecticut and the surrounding areas.